Pre-Op Instructions for General Anesthesia
- Please do not eat or drink for 8 hours prior to surgery.
- Each patient must have a driver or escort over the age of 18 to drive them home after the surgery. This person must remain on the premises during your surgery.
- Do not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the administration of anesthesia.
- We recommend that you wear casual clothes and a shirt with sleeves that can be rolled up over the elbow.
- Please remove all contact lenses, dentures and jewelry and do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish. Women with longer hair should have the hair pulled back and up off the shoulders.
- Please do not smoke for at least 12 hours prior to your surgery. Smoking can delay healing, so we recommend that you make every effort to avoid smoking during your recovery from surgery.
- If you take any routine oral medications (including prescription and over the counter), please check with our team prior to your surgical date for instructions.